Eastern Lee, a chalet bungalow, is our newest luxury holiday home. It is perched above the village of Wellow in a secluded garden, with fields surrounding the house on two sides. Eastern Lee offers peaceful country views and easy access to walks and long distance trails. Originally built in 1931 as a bungalow, it was extended and refurbished to luxury standards in 2008. Geothermal heating and environmentally friendly technology offer ‘green’ holidays in the peace of the West Wight Countryside.
- There is a variety of beaches within easy reach and the house is ideally placed for walking, cycling, golf, riding, sailing, visits to beaches, exploring the Island… and relaxing.
- At the front of the house there is a verandah, with views over the village. The south facing back garden is peaceful and private. A barbecue in the garden is provided for warm evenings. For the energetic, the village green, 50 metres away offers a fitness track and play area.
- Entry to the house is through a period front door into hall with stairs. To the left, a door opens into the spacious living/dining kitchen area. 2 bedrooms open off to the right side of the hall.
- A back door opens from the secluded garden into a new sun lounge, linking into main living area.
- The kitchen is very well equipped and has an electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge, toaster & coffee maker. There is a dishwasher, freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer in the utility room.
- The dining area has seating accommodating 8 – 10 .
- In the living area are sofas and easy chairs, television with ‘free view’ box and DVD player, and radio/cd player.
- The first groundfloor bedroom has a 5’ double bed and television, and French windows which open onto the south-facing patio. This room makes a good choice for those with limited mobility.
- The front ground floor twin bedroom will accommodate a guest bed, giving the flexibility to accommodate an extra guest.
- The family bathroom has a walk in thermostatic shower, washbasin and loo.
- For smaller parties, the upstairs rooms may be shut off and downstairs only (2 bedrooms, family bathroom) rented at a lower price outside the main holiday times.
- Upstairs The master bedroom has splendid country views to south and west and a 6’ double bed, which may be unzipped into twin 3’ divans. The room features a free-standing double-ended bath with shower over; there is a cloakroom en suite. (An ancillary television/DVD player is provided.)
- The twin room also has a small guest bed, giving a third bed for occasional use. A shower room is ensuite.
- Beds are made up ready for your arrival with duvets provided as standard. Alternatively, blankets are available on request.
- Bed linen and towels, heating and electricity are included in the price.
- Cot and high chairs are available at no charge.
- To the side of the house, there is parking, level with the house, approached by a steep drive which may not be suitable for all cars.
- Well behaved pets by arrangement. £50/week, £15/day
Smoking is not permitted, for the benefit of all our guests
Click to enquire or call on 01983 760327