Eastern Lee, a chalet bungalow with 4 bedrooms and 3 bath/shower rooms, is our newest luxury holiday home. It is perched above the village of Wellow in a secluded garden, with fields surrounding the house on two sides. Eastern Lee offers peaceful country views and easy access to walks and long distance trails. Originally built in 1931 as a bungalow, it was extended and refurbished to luxury standards in 2008 and offers accesibilty to those with reduced mobility. Geothermal heating and environmentally friendly technology offer ‘green’ holidays in the peace of the West Wight Countryside.
- There is a variety of beaches within easy reach and the house is ideally placed for walking, cycling, golf, riding, sailing, visits to beaches, exploring the Island… and relaxing.
- At the front of the house there is a verandah, with views over the village. The south facing back garden is peaceful and private. A barbecue in the garden is provided for warm evenings. For the energetic, the village green, 50 metres away offers a fitness track and play area.
- Entry to the house is through a period front door into hall with stairs. To the left, a door opens into the spacious living/dining kitchen area. 2 bedrooms open off to the right side of the hall.
- A back door opens from the secluded garden into a new sun lounge, linking into main living area.
- The kitchen is very well equipped and has an electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge, toaster & coffee maker. There is a dishwasher, freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer in the utility room.
- The dining area has seating accommodating 8 – 10 .
- In the living area are sofas and easy chairs, television with ‘free view’ box and DVD player, and radio/cd player.
- The first groundfloor bedroom has a 5’ double bed and television, and French windows which open onto the south-facing patio. This room makes a good choice for those with limited mobility.
- The front ground floor twin bedroom will accommodate a guest bed, giving the flexibility to accommodate an extra guest.
- The family bathroom has a walk in thermostatic shower, washbasin and loo.
- For smaller parties, the upstairs rooms may be shut off and downstairs only (2 bedrooms, family bathroom) rented at a lower price outside the main holiday times.
- Upstairs The master bedroom has splendid country views to south and west and a 6’ double bed, which may be unzipped into twin 3’ divans. The room features a free-standing double-ended bath with shower over; there is a cloakroom en suite. (An ancillary television/DVD player is provided.)
- The twin room also has a small guest bed, giving a third bed for occasional use. A shower room is ensuite.
- Beds are made up ready for your arrival with duvets provided as standard. Alternatively, blankets are available on request.
- Bed linen and towels, heating and electricity are included in the price.
- Cot and high chairs are available at no charge.
- To the side of the house, there is parking, level with the house, approached by a steep drive which may not be suitable for all cars.
- Well behaved pets by arrangement. £50/week, £15/day
Smoking is not permitted, for the benefit of all our guests
Click to enquire or call on 01983 760327