Orchard Lee is a single storey, wide-verandahed country bungalow, with “green” geothermal underfloor heating. The house accommodates 8+2 in 4 bedrooms, or outside high season, each self-contained wing of the bungalow offers 2 bedrooms, sleeping 4 +1.
South facing, with wide views over fields to downs and forest, “Orchard Lee” provides “green” holidays enjoying the peace of the West Wight Countryside, in the splendid setting of a meadow, beyond the orchard and gardens of our listed farmhouse.
Situated on a bus route, it is about a mile and a half from the picturesque little town of Yarmouth with ferry, harbour, shops, pubs and restaurants. There is direct access to footpaths and bridleways, and the house is near to beaches and riverside, and the nature reserve at Newtown
Designed to give ease of access, being all on one level, the house has 4 bedrooms all with en suite bath/shower rooms, including a “wet room” enabling seated showering.
The large tiled living rooms have wide French doors opening onto the verandah which is equipped with furniture for outdoor dining and relaxation, enjoying the views and tranquil environment. There is a barbecue in the garden which is bordered by a tree-lined brook (unfenced).
- Entry to the house is through wide French windows which give directly into the living and dining areas. A wood burner provides complementary heating in the west wing.
- Each kitchen is very well equipped and has a dishwasher, washer/dryer, ceramic hob and electric oven, microwave, fridge, toaster, coffee maker & food processor.
- In both the living area are sofas and easy chairs, television with Freeview and DVD player, and radio/cd player. Looking out to enjoy the view, the dining area has seating which can be extended to accommodate 10 or more.
- For smaller parties, the house may be divided into ‘Russet’ (the western wing) and ‘Pippin’ (eastern wing), and rented at the lower price.
- The first bedroom has a 5’ double bed, a television and radio and has its own en-suite bathroom with shower over bath. (‘Russet’)
- The west twin bedroom has guest bed under one divan, giving the flexibility to accommodate an extra guest. There is an ensuite shower room with this bedroom. (‘Russet’)
- The east twin room also has a guest bed, giving a third bed for occasional use. Leading from this is a ‘Jack and Jill’ wetroom with level-entry shower, and bath with shower over. (‘Pippin’)
- Sharing this bathroom, is the master bedroom with 6’ double bed, which may be unzipped into twin 3’ divans. (An ancillary television is provided.) (‘Pippin’)
- Beds are made up ready for your arrival with duvets. Alternatively, sheets and blankets are available on request.
- Bed linen and towels are included in the price.
- All heating, electricity, bed linen and towels are included in the price.
- Cot and high chair are available at no charge
- To the rear of the house, there is ample parking, level with the house.
- Well behaved pets by arrangement. £50/week, £15/day
Smoking is not permitted for the benefit of all our guests